#saturdaygames: After Burner vs Zaxxon vs Flashout 3D vs Galaxy on Fire 2


1. After Burner Climax for iOS

After Burner Climax is the resurrection by Sega of a game that was well-loved. The nostalgia floods through you as you play (if you're old enough to remember the first time), and the game is everything you'd expect. There are a variety of control options; my favourite is to control the speed with the accelerometer and all else by the on-screen controls. Congratulations to Sega: this is the first time I've played a game that makes me want to go out and buy one of those stick-on controller sticks for the iPad (in a good way).

2. Zaxxon for iOS

I vaguely remember the original, and this is a reincarnation rather than a resurrection. The game has come back as an endless runner with lots of iPad rotation. It's fun and I like it better than Temple Run. Maybe not better than Pitfall, but definitely Temple Run.

3. Flashout 3D for iOS

If you remember Wipeout and yearn to relive those endless (wasted?) hours then this Wipeout-style game is as close as it gets. Sit back, relax and play while you wait for the pizza delivery.

4. Galaxy on Fire 2 for iOS

Amazing graphics, amazing graphics and amazing graphics. I'm just not really certain what I'm meant to do after destroying the first wave of ships. I really want to like this but after I've been damaged and gone to the space station, then returned to the asteroid belt, what am I supposed to do?



Comments