Rules for vector illustration: Part 1

If all goes to plan, I'll be talking in June about vector illustration at a group called #digibury. As part of the talk I'll be sharing the rules and strategies that I've developed to improve my own vector illustration skills, and which have enhanced the outcome of the design challenges I've been set. In order to make sure I have more of this:
 and less of this:
The talk will be an exclusive one-off for now but once it has taken place and I've received some feedback on my approach, then I'll share more of the things that I've discovered in my journey into vector illustration.

Overall it's about an approach not a style, and what I'll be talking about won't force people into one way of illustrating things. Rather it will provide the ability to move between styles much more easily without falling into the typical traps vector design software often sets for new illustrators.

If you'd like to learn more or invite me to talk then you can catch up with me on twitter: @sketchytech


Endorse  on Coderwall

Comments